Wednesday, January 25, 2006

art again : )


These are two pieces that I'm working on at the moment. The first one is shot in black and white because I'm not happy with the colours I've used, I've still got a fair bit of work left, but I think I know where it's going.

The one below is nothing like what I've done before. I took apart an ancient Apple Mac, and this is the first of the pictures to emerge :) It's also not finished, I'm hoping to make it a little more complex, so that the circuit board will merge more gracefully with its surroundings.

This piece has been a challenge for me. I'm so used to working with analogies in my art, so that each picture is a story. This time the idea is to not include any intellectual imagagery, to use only line and space to create the story. As you can see I did end up including a few conceptual images, but essentially the picture won't embody a concept as much as a biological process.

I'm really going to enjoy playing with the other bits. The inside of a Mac is like a work of art itself. Everything slots together so elegantly, nothing like the inside of a PC.


4 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

The love the 'heart' you are working on. The valves are cool...and I like how you made the woman's eyes appear...and from here, that one nipple looks 3D-ish! But you can tell that she is in the heart...and that this 'look' is a disclosure.

As far as Macs go...I still use my PowerMac G3 at home...and I still love Apples. I have never really looked at technology in terms of art before. It looks challenging!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Gaelin said...

Thanks Steve. You're right about the heart. Funny 'cos i didn't plan it, it just sort of emerged (I love art...)

I can always count on you for some interesting and intelligent feedback. (muchos gracias)

5:05 PM  
Blogger Shonin said...

The heart is cool. Is that you dwelling in the heart?

5:07 PM  
Blogger Gaelin said...

Yeah, it's me... but the whole concept of 'me' kinda fizzles out at some point, and it becomes more archtypical.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home