Sunday, January 08, 2006

my music

This is one of my demo recordings...It's called 'Let it rain'.
I finally worked out how to host mp3's on my blog, so after much sweat and tears I present you with a very rough and highly unproffesional glimpse at my musical aspirations. It was recorded last year in my bedroom, while I was familiarising myself with some music software (cubase). It's not the most uplifting piece ever, in fact it may be construed as downright depressing, but to me it was therapy.

Lyrics:

Take these pieces of my broken heart,
promise me that I'll be whole again.
I think my daddy doesn't love me enough,
and I've played virgin for too many men.

Let it rain, let it pour, let your glory down on me
Tell me when it's safe to open my eyes.
Let it rain, let it pour, let your glory down on me
I want to wash away this whole disguise.


2 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Wow!!! That is really cool!

I find the words really powerful...

daddy, not loving...
playing virgin...

The rain coming down...makes me think of some of your paintings, gaelin. I definitely see a connection there.

Your voice, at first, sounds a bit monotone...but when you add the background singer, it sounds harmonic.

It is a real treat to hear your voice and your guitar playing and your songwriting. I am glad that you found a way to broadcast this on the web!

12:34 AM  
Blogger Gaelin said...

Thanks for listening Steve :)

Up till now i have been making art and music as a means to work through my baggage, a form of therapy. It has all been very introspective and highly personal. My aspiration for this year is to start making art that reflects more of the world around me. I feel ready to start working with more universal themes, and i really appreciate your feedback.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home