Monday, December 19, 2005




We've been busy :) The cute dolls are the presents the kids made for their gran and her partner. And the other ones are of a little statuette that I made of Antoine. The head broke off! And then the people at the clay studio tried to stick it back on but they left a huge crack. Oh well, it was a first try. I want to make bigger ones next, but that will have to wait for after Christmas and the move.

I'm trying to prepare myself for seeing my father next week. It's been seven years! He lives in New Zealand, and we email eachother every now and then, but it's hardly an intimate relationship. He will be staying with us for a week. I suppose it's a good way to get to know someone :) I feel like I'm getting a chance to put a piece of myself in place. Parents are a way of seeing yourself, a reflection of a kind. A way to understand yourself better. And I've missed out on seeing myself reflected in my father. So now I have the chance. I know I look like him, and i'm pretty sure my quest for knowledge comes from him. It will be great to have that kind of affirmation.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

very nice!!!! that's so cool...lol..very good for a first time...I wanted to tell you go luck next week with your dad...I would give anything to have a week with him again...but I guess I can't...enjoy every second of it, as I am sure you will..take care and have a great Christmas...

:)

8:21 PM  
Blogger oxeye said...

Hi Gaelin, the two little paper-mache statuettes are awesome. I like yours too but I'm really into kid's art. heh

9:36 PM  
Blogger Gaelin said...

Thanks for dropping by :) I taught kids art for a good couple of years, so I tend to agree with your feelings on the matter. Up until about age seven kids are utterly unpretentious when making art. It's very refreshing.

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home