Friday, November 04, 2005

I have the most hectic dreamtimes. It takes me so long to make the transition to waking. It's like my head stays in dreamtime way longer than it should. And then I carry the dream feelings with me into the daylight and it can be pretty disorientating. Sometimes the dreams are beautiful ways of helping me to understand my constraints, and sometimes they are just a jumble of unresolved emotion. Those one are the difficult ones.

I haven't lucid dreamed for ages now. I wonder why. I can't figure out what triggers my lucid dreaming. I know that there are many practises which gives one more control, but I have always just ended up there spontaneously. (for those of you who are unsure what a 'lucid dream' is, it's a state of consciousness where you 'wake up' in the middle of a dream, and realise that you are dreaming, and can therefore manifest whatever you want) Can be fun.

I'm attempting a whole handful of projects at the moment. It's great being able to switch depending on where the inspiration lies. I'm kinda off my painting at the moment, nearly ready to carry on but not quite...Today I started painting a piece of fabric that will eventually be a throw for my bed (i hope) and then there's the music.

I got a keyboard for my birthday. It's so humbling to start with a new instrument. I've been playing guitar for years, and composing has been relatively easy for me. But composing on the keyboard leaves me back at square one! Everything I play sounds so infantile! That's where practice comes in I guess. Life is so grand, there is always something new to learn. I belive that's what keeps people young, the process of learning. People who are aquiring new skills or knowledge out of an honest desire to learn are infused with a vitality that brings a sparkle to their eyes. May I never forget how to learn.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

I can't remember the last time I even had a dream...when I do, Its usually a nitemare...go figure...good luck w/ the keyboard...I used to play piano and the flute..eons ago...anyway..have a great day

6:55 PM  
Blogger Gaelin said...

Why don't you play anymore? Might be a perfect way to perk things up :)

7:33 PM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

good point...and maybe then I wouldn't be so darn hungry...lol..seriously, I don't even know if I can still read music...how sad is that...something to think of, anyways...lol..everytime I check your blog, its different...I can't for the life of me figure out how to change things, other than the templat...gonna get the daughter helping me this weekend...have a good day....

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home