Monday, October 24, 2005

gone

So she is gone and the only way i can deal with that is by sitting very still and breathing and remembering that this is all maya this is all passing this is all illusion. It has been three years now and she is still gone her absence has not changed has not grown it is a constant it will always be a constant the only constant. So i breathe and I count and when i get to the space where even the counting stops then i know and i am relieved for a while until my thoughts start again my attachments come back online my needs and desires take hold. I want to sit and sit and sit like Siddartha but i don't have a tree and i have so many excuses and maybe I even like my attachments.

The Four Noble Truths:

  • life is suffering

  • the cause of suffering is known

  • suffering can be bought to an end

  • following the eightfold path is a practice that ends suffering
  • 6 Comments:

    Blogger Kirsten said...

    Is everything okay??? what happened?...

    9:23 PM  
    Blogger Gaelin said...

    Hi 'just me'. I sent you an email in answer to your question. let me know if you got it? (btw. love the anim!)

    9:32 PM  
    Blogger Gaelin said...

    Oh, the email was just returned... Don't worry about me, I'm busy working through things, and sometimes the road gets rocky! i was looking through some old photo's and I found one of my little sister that made me cry. She killed herself three years ago but it feels like yesterday sometimes. Not something one ever really gets over.

    but I am still here and I have a beautiful life to live so I am working on being healthy and happy and long-lived.

    Life is still good, no?

    9:38 PM  
    Blogger Kirsten said...

    I understand....I have never been thru something like that..altho my older brother kinda killed himself..he drank himself to death...it is hard...and there are always good days and bad days...no matter how good life is....btw...my name is Kirsten, if you get tired of calling me just me...email is kndhughes@peoplepc.com
    Im here to listen if you need that...I'm just here...funny how strangers are more comforting sometimes...I gotta pick up my son from his grandma's in about 20 minutes...then I will be back...let me know if you need anything

    9:42 PM  
    Blogger Gaelin said...

    Thanks Kirsten. Sometimes a good cry is the best medicine ever. It's 10 pm now on my side of the world, so i am running myself a luxurious bath and putting myself to bed. Enjoy yr day :)

    10:04 PM  
    Blogger Kirsten said...

    well you have a great bath and cry and I will be here for ya tomorrow...and hopefully it will be a better day...

    11:45 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home