Wednesday, October 19, 2005

friends...

Doing a lot of thinking over my birthday, birthdays are very contemplative for me...I had a few people over last night to celebrate and I was thinking how I'd rather they not be there at all. I've often been called anti-social, I guess when it comes to people I just don't quite see what all the fuss is about.

I was chatting to Ant about all this and his theory is that unless you have common ground with someone, it's almost impossible to trust them, hence there will be no space for an emotional connection. And obviously without an emotional connection there can be no real friendship. The sad thing is that when it come's down to it, Ant is probably my only real friend. Everyone else is like a hanger on...they just don't interest me. How on earth do I find people who interest me?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

when you figure out that answer, please let me know...i was thinking the same thing the other day, when I was feeling down, and really, not one friend came to mind..but then people always come to me...I don't think its an anti-social thing...but then again, maybe it is...what do i know?lol..anyways...have a great day...

3:45 PM  
Blogger Gaelin said...

Hi Charlie

Not able to lower standards without lowering integrity. Guess I should just get used to the idea that I'm one in a million (self-effacing but secretly pleased grin...)

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home