Thursday, January 05, 2006

I borrowed this image from someone elses blog, hope she doesn't mind. I think it's great! Sometimes we gotta just pull a determined zap at the things that bother us. It's a way to remember not to take life's stresses too seriously. Of course one has to be feeling pretty secure in order to be so flamboyant, but every now and then? What the hell...



I've started another painting, this one I'm going to try sell. Time to start making some money out of my talents, forging a career for myself :) Up until now life has been about survival, doing any paying job that provides for the kids and allows for a little stability. Now, finally, I have the chance to explore the things that i enjoy, and try my hand at turning them into some cash. I've always thought that I don't deserve to get money for making art, but these days I'm beginning to reverse my assumptions. Why should I not make a living from something that I like doing? There are no rules saying that you gotta hate your job. And if I spend 6 weeks on a painting, then it is within my rights to charge someone a months' salary for that painting. These are novel concepts for me...

This year is going to be fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Good idea! Just keeping putting yourself into your art. And don't think or worry about painting something that will sell.

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home