Monday, October 16, 2006

This is a short video of a song that I wrote a few years ago. I'm experimenting with putting my music into more of a multi-media friendly framework. This was done rather spontaneously, and the sound quality is pretty bad, but it gives you an idea of my music and my style....

hypnotising you


Lyrics:

I'm hypnotising you,

pulling the wool over your eyes in a fancy way.

But don't let this bother you at all my dears

I'm holding both your hands

I'm here to guide you in my ways.

And my ways are all your suffering minds have ever seen.

And the excuses you're making don't you know that you've been making them for me.

I've been gathering hearts in a room that has no windows and no doors.

I talked you all into leaving them here 'till you forget which one is yours.

And disillusioned souls who take a stand to challenge me.

Well they're effectively ejected from consensus reality.

xxx

3 Comments:

Blogger Okashii Budo said...

Gaelin, you have a beautiful and haunting voice. I honestly believe that you should be able to do something commercial, if you were of the inclination to do so. I was moved by your rendition of the Heart Sutra a few months ago, and I'm just as moved by this piece. I'd love to hear more, actually.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Gaelin said...

You're back from your journey! I hope you're posting all about it :)

thanking you for the lovely words...

(It's hard to believe how easy it is to share via the net!)

8:48 PM  
Blogger Okashii Budo said...

The journey was VERY illuminating, and I'm compiling nearly 500 pictures and pages & pages of commentary. I think I'm going to reserve Tengu House for Buddhist philosophy-type stuff, and I might start another blog for the other stuff, so the trip stuff will go to the other blog.

In fact, I just now decided that I'm going to call the new blog "Go Beyond", from your Heart Sutra recording. Hail Those who Go Beyond. Good place for travel pics and what-not.

Much love,
~scruff

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home