Sunday, November 26, 2006

brain



This is a canvas I am working on. It's proved rather tricky to portray what I originaly set out to, that is, the many dimensions within which the mind functions. There aren't enough colors in the visual field! So I've settled on a rather intellectual interpretation of the theme.

There's so much more I'd like to put in, but at this point I wouldn't know how!

Yet I am happy with how it's turned out. It is a thought provoking piece, for anyone interested in the mind sciences.

And on that note I recommend an excellent lecture by Dr Alan Wallace , entiltled "Towards the first revolution in the mind sciences." He is a Buddhist monk who is 'seeking ways to integrate Buddhist contemplative practices and Western science to advance the study of the mind'.

Its a talk well worth watching.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=983112177262602885

x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home