Saturday, May 27, 2006

Zaadz

I came across a lovely new online community initiative, called Zaadz. Nice to see people doing something pro-active for the cause!

I must admit that I am well steeped in cynicism, after having gone out to change the world and fallen flat on my face. But, that great disillusionment led to my discovery of zazen, so it's all good.

There's a new meme that I'm happy to propagate. The idea is to open your favourite spiritual book of the moment, turn to page 35 and post something inspiring.

Here goes, I've just finished reading "The Path of Practice: a woman's book of Ayervedic healing" by Bri. Maya Tiwari.

On page 35 she's speaking about 'maya' - her namesake
"Often mistranslated as 'illusion,' the Sanskrit word 'maya' also means the manifestation of the one God as the multiplicity of forms in the material universe, the ignorance that draws a veil over the face of the One Reality so that all we see is diversity, and the wisdom that ultimately leads us to pierce the veil and see the One beneath the many."

God is dreaming and the dream is beautiful...;)

7 Comments:

Blogger Okashii Budo said...

The passage on maya is especially meaningful for you, as I've seen you use the expression a few times before.

About changing the world - I'm not sure how successful one can be at changing the world, as long as one is trying to. The folks standing in the street with signs aren't really going to stop the war. Each of us changes the world is his or her own way, as soon as we stop trying, and return to our lives.

3:12 PM  
Blogger The Creator said...

what a nice idea. how often do i open a book of poetry or dharma and find the words i need?

and thanks for the link to my site. i track yours, too!

gassho - wch

4:54 PM  
Blogger Gaelin said...

Hiya scruff, I think you have a point there. Especially if one is following a discipline, like the 8-fold path, one changes the world just by daily practice.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Gaelin said...

How strange to see you here wch! Thanks for stopping by :)
(and thanks for your lovely blog, your writing is beautiful)

2:11 PM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

hey girl...I have to be honest..the only enlightenment I get is from your blog...lol..sad, but true...and the only other thing I could say is if I opened up a book, it would be the ramblings of JK Rowling, and her next Harry Potter book...but, not for nothin, thats why I have you...lol...take care..
:)Just me

9:52 PM  
Blogger Okashii Budo said...

I went and checked out the zaadz site, it does look interesting. I believe I'll have to look into it further.

Thanks for the intro!!
~scruff

10:20 PM  
Blogger Gaelin said...

Hi Kirsten :) You know you may even find something inspirational if you open your latest Harry Potter!

Scruff- it looks like things at Zaadz are early days still, but that means that the network is small enough to be managable.
Like I said, I'm a cynical little thing at times, but I think what they're up to is fun anyways.

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home