Friday, June 23, 2006

confused control

A flutter
a weak hand beckoning
casting around for
everything
damaged and demanding
in its inability to
articulate

A closed mouth,
lips tight against strained teeth
bared only in conflict and combat
but now silent

remorseful

decadance is a deep undertow
rythms softer than our ears
sighs softer that our hearts
pull us along

animal nature is the creeping anger
the crouching words ready to spring
the glove fist paw raised

But silence now and silence is a breath
in the wind
a balm on my burnt
fingertips
a safety.

Silence is my house of cards in the blue blue sky.

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

This is so sad...
it makes me think of that one line I have heard before, that suggests that we all live our lives in quiet desperation.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Gaelin said...

Yeah, it is sad. I can be a pretty sad person sometimes...but then i balance it out by experiencing the opposite extremes too - lots of joy and wonder.

I guess we all do to a certain extent.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Yes...we do! :)

5:43 AM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

very moving, girl...hope things are going okay for ya...take care and hope to hear more soon
:)Just me

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home